GR86 Anyone received unusual compliments about their car?

Yotayoda

Devoted member
Aug 3, 2023
This made my day, two old ladies walking their dogs down a narrow lane. I was driving slowly and gave them plenty of room , a wave and a smile then continued on my way to pick my daughter up from school.

An hour later I was now out again on my bike and with my daughter on her pony. I met the ladies again with their dogs. โ€œAre you the young man I saw earlier driving a really nice sports car?โ€ (Images of Harry Enfield enter my head ๐Ÿ˜‚). Slightly embarrassed I said yes was me, thanks, then went on to compliment their lovely dogs.

Young man ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m 56, but did cheer me up, made my day.

I do love the feel good factor of driving one of these cars, great for the mind ๐Ÿ˜Š

Joolone

Dedicated member
Aug 31, 2023
Berkshire
This made my day, two old ladies walking their dogs down a narrow lane. I was driving slowly and gave them plenty of room , a wave and a smile then continued on my way to pick my daughter up from school.

An hour later I was now out again on my bike and with my daughter on her pony. I met the ladies again with their dogs. โ€œAre you the young man I saw earlier driving a really nice sports car?โ€ (Images of Harry Enfield enter my head ๐Ÿ˜‚). Slightly embarrassed I said yes was me, thanks, then went on to compliment their lovely dogs.

Young man ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m 56, but did cheer me up, made my day.

I do love the feel good factor of driving one of these cars, great for the mind ๐Ÿ˜Š
It made me smile to hear you refer to them as "two old ladies!" I'm much older than them ๐Ÿคฃ. But it's true. At 56 they would probably be a couple of stonkers in my eyes. The remarks I get is that I'm going through a mid life crisis. I point out this ain't no crisis! I've done the kids, school runs, having to fill the boot up with the daily stuff. I can now please myself to what I drive. I may be old, but I'm not one of the old gits! Well! Not quite! I still get the feeling when driving my 86 as I did in 1979 with my Stag! Enjoy it all. We won't have it forever.